Sunday, March 28, 2004

Woke up at noon, and decided to study for an hour before going to get my lunch at the dining hall. At 1pm I went over to the dining hall, and to my mild surprise, there was only Alvaro and Jason outside the dining hall, when there should be a horde of starving students waiting to get their chow. I stood by while they were discussing about procuring some new musical instruments for the hall (trivia: the cheapest pipe organ (!) you can get costs around £10-20,000). After waiting outside the dining hall for 10 minutes, I distinctly felt something was wrong. I asked Alvaro for the time, and he said '2.10'. My jaw flung open, and I realised: I FORGOT TO TURN MY CLOCKS TO SUMMER TIME. When they realised my gaffe, I was treated to uproarious laughter from Alvaro and Jason. So off I stalked to ruminate on my own stupidity.

Now it's about 4pm (British Summer Time, not Kheegan's Time), and all I've had all day was a cereal bar, a packet of nuts, some hot chocolate and a large helping of quantum mechanics stuffed down my own throat. Will probably go out for a jog....as I burn about 70kcal per km (7 x 70 ~ 500kcal, DEFINITELY more than what I've had to eat so far), that means that I'll probably be running (no pun intended) on a energy deficit until I get dinner.

I'm considering hitting Chinatown for dinner, and then popping down to the Royal Festival Hall to catch a concert by the Philharmonia Orchestra and some pianist I've never heard of. The centrepiece is Chopin's 2nd concerto, which I don't like as much as the 1st, but I haven't been to an orchestral concert in ages, and anyway I've somehow managed not to see the Philharmonia playing yet...

No comments: